FemiliPNG Australia believes that everyone deserves to live a life free of violence. That’s why we’re so committed to supporting Femili PNG to break the cycle of family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea. We greatly appreciate the generosity of our donors in helping us to do this.
FemiliPNG Australia is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient by the Australian Taxation Office. All donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
While violence affects us all, violence against women and girls is one of the most pervasive human rights violations in the world.1 Globally, 1 in 3 women will experience violence in their lifetime. In PNG, that rate increases to 2 in 3.2
FemiliPNG Australia’s partnership with Femili PNG assists survivors of family and sexual violence in PNG to access the support they need. Since opening in 2014, Femili PNG has helped over 6,100 survivors get back on their feet. They now operate 3 case management centres in Lae, Port Moresby and Goroka, as well as the Bel isi PNG safe house in Port Moresby. FemiliPNG Australia’s small team of expert staff provide critical technical support and additional funding to extend Femili PNG’s reach and impact.
As a free support service, Femili PNG relies on donations to ensure long-term and sustainable programs are available for survivors of family and sexual violence in PNG. Regular giving means FemiliPNG Australia receives a steady income stream to support Femili PNG’s vital services.
All donations to FemiliPNG Australia go directly towards supporting Femili PNG to:
- Assist survivors escaping violent situations to access emergency accommodation for themselves and their children.
- Link survivors of violence with law and justice interventions (such as support obtaining protection orders or attending court), to maintain their safety and security.
- Provide survivors with business start-up kits, that help them to become financially independent and escape the cycle of violence.
- Train community leaders and service providers across Papua New Guinea to support survivors in hard-to-reach locations.
- Deliver awareness raising sessions to adults and children across Papua New Guinea, to teach them how to address violence at home, and how to get help.
Donations to FemiliPNG Australia are tax-deductible, and are an effective way to contribute to an exciting, locally-led initiative to tackle gender-based violence in Papua New Guinea.
Donate today using the form below, or email [email protected] to donate via direct deposit.
Donations of $2 or higher are tax-deductible in Australia. To make a donation directly to Femili PNG in Papua New Guinea, please contact us.